As you would be aware that Law Commission have recommended amendments in Advocate Act and BCI had called a Nationwide strike on 31 March, 2017. As the matter was not sought out by the strike on that day, BCI had prepared a plan to meet the demands kept by them.
Demands of BCI
- Reject recommendations of Law Commision totally.
- Resignation of Chairman of Law Commission.
- Appointment of Senior/Renowned Advocate as Chairman of Law Commission
- Bar on assignment to retired High Court and Supreme Court Judges
- Provisions of Social Security for Lawyers and families i.e Insurance, medi-claim, pension on retirement, family pension on death of Lawyers, Stipend to young Lawyers